Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Soundtrack of a love story

As alot of you will know already, I love music. What some of you may not know is that music played a big part it the first year or so of Billy & my relationship. We spent almost a year apart. Our first year to be precise and most of it was spent talking on the phone or internet.

We would honestly talk for between 4 - 12 hours a day. Everyday. You would think we would run out of stuff to talk about but remember, we had 30 years of our lives to tell each other about. Plus we had music. Music was one of the big things we would talk about. He got me into Smashing Pumpkins and I introduced him to The Postal Service and a bunch of Aussie music.

We started finding we had almost the identical tastes in music and started to collect songs that really suited our situation or feelings.

I thought it would be cool to share some of these songs on here. I have disabled my player on the page and added on to the bottom of this post. Please listen to the songs.

#1 - Lost Cause - Beck

This is the first song Billy ever played for me on guitar. He sang it to me over the phone and played his guitar aswell. I really think this is the moment my heart became his. The songs itself doesn't mean anything about us, but he introduced me to Beck so that is a big thing.

#2 - Fix You - Coldplay

Before we met we had both come out of bad relationships and were very broken. This song was perfect for us as we both believe we fixed each other.

#3 - What if? - Coldplay

You might be surprised to know that we both went through really rough patches during this time when we both thought we were not good enough for the other person or that the other person wouldn't love us when they really knew us. So this song reflects some of the sad times.

#4 - The Letter - The Box Tops

When we decided we had to meet I went out and bought tickets to the USA. Then all we could sing was this song! It was a happy time!

#5 - Such Great Heights - The Postal Service

This is our song. This is about how we fit perfectly together. How amazingly perfect we are for each other.

#6 - Leaving on a Jet Plane - Peter, Mary & Paul

I can't actually listen to this song all the way through, it makes me cry really bad. It's really only the chorus that is true for us. This was when I had to leave to come back to Australia. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

#7 - In the Arms of Sleep - Smashing Pumpkins

Being away from Billy was very hard. Neither of us slept much in those 7 months. This song was all I listened to. It is perfect for how we both felt.

#8 - Waltz #2 - Elliott Smith

This is another sad time song. We had no idea if we were ever going to be together again. I went through a period when I was a walking zombie. I didn't sleep and I really just functioned on the barest of emotions. It was not nice. This song was listened to alot.

#9 - Green Eyes - Coldplay

This is a happy one. This is just about how we were both each others support. Also we both have green in our eyes :D

#10 - The Rainbow Connection - Kermit the Frog

Because we are dreamers. We dreamed and it came true. We are living at the end of the rainbow.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

1 comment:

  1. aw thanks for sharing that nikki, theyre beautiful sentiments behind the reasons for the songs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...