Thursday, November 11, 2010

The baby situation

So I am finding myself having to explain over and over why we can't have a baby in this place.

To give you an idea of how small this place is, we have 2 bedrooms, 1 living/dining room and 2 bathrooms, one of which the shower doesn't work well.

A lot of people have said "Well the baby can sleep in your room till its like 2 or so." But then they don't think past that.

Is a 18+ year old Ashley going to want to share a bedroom with a toddler? Because Ashley ain't moving out anytime soon.

This is usually when people realise that it is not possible for us to have a baby in this place.

And we are probably going to be in this place for some time. And I am 35 in 4 months. Getting ever so closer to the dangerous age to have a baby.

Plus the fact I carry the Fragile X mutation puts be at risk for early ovarian shut down. Which means my clock is running out even sooner than most people.

So you can see why I am a little sad about this whole thing.

4 comments:

  1. I am so so sorry Nikki. There's no pain like the pain of wanting to have a baby but not being able to. I sincerely hope that something can be worked out so you can have the bigger home you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for following my blog. Don't be shy, I'd love to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((hugs))) I am sorry you guys are in this situation. I don't mean to be insensitive, but babies can share your room for a long longer than just to 2 years old. Mine shared my BED until they were 3! And then my oldest had her own bed in my room until she was 5 and my circumstances changed; otherwise she would still be in there!

    Again, not trying to be insensitive, because only you know what will work, but if it is in your heart to have another, don't let your physical space limitations stop you. Love will always find a way (as you know.)
    <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...