Saturday, November 20, 2010

My stroganoff



I love sharing food we eat out on here so I thought it would be cool to show you stuff I make too. I do cook a lot. We only eat out on Billy's days off so only 1-2 nights a week.

Today I will show you my version of Stroganoff.

First of all it's not completely from scratch, I do cheat a bit. However I do add some extra steps and ingredients to make it my own and to make it much yummier.

The cheating part is that I used this:




But I make big changes to the recipe. First I get some bacon and slice it. Then fry it in the pan until it's almost crispy. Then I put it on a paper towel and sit it in the oven to keep warm.

Then I chop up an onion and a punnet of mushrooms. Fry them up until they are nice and golden. Add them to the bacon to keep warm.

Then instead of ground beef I use ground turkey. Brown that, then I add in the mushrooms, onion and bacon then the usual Helper ingredients. Cook it for the normal time, serve.

This particular time I kept some of the bacon in the oven so it went really crispy and I sprinkled it on the top. DELISH!

One of my favourite easy meals.

2 comments:

  1. i do love strog!! i am the only one in my house which will eat it though so i miss out :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delish. I haven't seen the Whole grain Hamburger Helper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...