Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring!!


It's beginning to look and feel like Spring around here lately. It's been a strange March. For the 2.5 years I have lived here we always got snow in March and it was usually a big one. Nothing this year. Our last big snow was in January. Plus it's been warmer than usual too. Not that I am complaining. I love Spring weather.

Today I went out into the front yard to have a look at the trees. The picture above is the Cherry Blossom we planted in memory of my Nanna. It's beginning to bloom. The flowers are actually a pale pink but they look so dark in the buds. I can't wait till their flowers burst out. 

Our pecan tree is starting to bud also. Our trees seem to always be late bloomers. 


Most trees around here have already got their leaves. Our Crape Myrtle is still bare, apart from the little seed pods all over it. 

While I was out perusing the trees Cassie decided she wanted out too. Although it was quite windy out so she was a little skittish.




Even the boys were interested in what I was doing. Or they just wanted to be on my side of the fence.


I am loving that the birds are starting to return also. Here are a pair of House Finches I snapped yesterday:




I can't wait till there are more things to photograph. Flowers, birds, bugs etc. Winter is great but it's not a photographers season.

1 comment:

  1. i love your photos nikki. that cherry blossom one is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...