Monday, May 23, 2011

Product Review: Orange Chicken

Last week when we did our regular shop at Trader Joe's we decided we wanted to start trying something new from there each week. So this time we decided to try their Mandarin Orange Chicken.


The display says that it's one of their biggest sellers. 

The week before they were running a competition over the loud speaker and were giving out hints of a product and whoever guessed the product and took it up to the Customer Service counter got to spin the wheel to win a prize. Well I won! And I spun the wheel and won this:


So I decided to make it with the Orange Chicken. I also steamed some broccoli to have with them. Here is my plate:


It was DELICIOUS! The Orange Chicken was sooooo good! It was crispy and the Mandarin Orange sauce was sweet and tangy and just perfect. The Rice pilaf wasn't bad. Nothing spectacular but it was a nice side dish and the orange sauce soaked into it which made it even better.

The Orange Chicken was only 5 points a serve which was really good in my opinion. The Rice Pilaf was 6 points a serve and in all honesty, I would have been happy with just some plain brown rice. But you have to try these things once. Plus it was free!

Billy & Ashley really liked the Orange Chicken too so it will be a regular meal in this house for sure. 

I hope you liked my first product review!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...