Monday, May 30, 2011

A story of a tree

I have literally run out of ideas to blog about so I am just going to blog about random things. Today's random post is about our pecan tree in our front yard.

I first "met" this tree in May 2005. It was a tiny little thing. I remember Billy tying it to a stake as it was so weak in the wind. See it in the left of the photo. Maybe about 1.5 feet tall.


The next time I saw this tree was in October 2008 when we moved back here from Australia. It had about doubled it's height in those 3 years that we were gone. Also notice there is now a house in the lot next door.


I know I have more photos of this tree on my old laptop but it is currently out of commission at the moment so here is one from July 2010. You can see it has definitely grown a lot in the past few years.


One of things I love so much about living in this country is the deciduous trees. I love watching the leaves change colours in the fall and then the bare trees asleep in the winter time. Then the anticipation of the new leaves bursting out in Spring. Call me lame, I don't care. I love it!

Here it is during winter 2010:



Here it is just before Spring this year in March.

And here is it sprouting new leaves in April this year:


And finally this one was taken on May 2nd this year. I have one from last year with Billy standing next to it, but of course its on the dead laptop. But you can tell just by the birdfeeder that it has grown a bunch.


So that is our pecan tree. Hopefully one day it will look like this one in the back of Billy's grandparents home:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...