Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Baby birds

Last month I posted how I watched a Mockingbird build a nest in our Crape Myrtle tree.


 
The nest

Mumma bird


Well a couple of weeks later I discovered these in the nest.




Then a few days later:







And then another few days later:



Sadly though, yesterday I went out to check on them and I found that something had gotten to them and they were dead. I was really really upset by this and felt awful. We have no idea what it was that got them. It could have been Cassie or any of the other cats around here. They also could have fallen out of the nest.

I feel so sad as I watched their mummy build their nest and waited for them to hatch and now they are gone. 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...