Saturday, June 11, 2011

Italian food, chocolate and coffee

Billy had Wednesday night off this week and we decided to go to Olive Garden again. We love that place! Neither of us had lunch and Ashley got home early from school so we decided to have an early dinner then head to Mooresville afterward so we could go to World Market. SQEAAAAAAL!


First of all I have to say our waiter was AWESOME! He was so good and looked after us really well. He got a good tip!

He recommended a drink for me to try, Peach Raspberry Iced Tea:


And it WAS yummy! And he came back to check that I liked it. 

We also got some of our favourite wine, Moscato:


He bought us some bread sticks to start on while we waited for our food.


We decided to get some of the Hot Spinach and Artichoke dip for a starter to share. It came with bread but I preferred it on the bread sticks!


YUM!

Ashley wanted pizza and decided to try the Chicken Alfredo Pizza.


He loved it! But there aren't many things out there he doesn't like.

Billy & I got the Endless Soup, Salad & Bread Sticks. Billy got the Minestrone Soup and I got the Chicken Gnocchi.


Not the greatest photo of my soup but you get the idea. Also we got a big bowl of their famous salad which is YUM! Their dressing is sooooo good.


As usual the food was great and the service was even better than usual. We had a really great time, chatting and eating and enjoying the quiet restaurant.

Then we piled back into the car and headed to Mooresville. I was so excited as I wanted to get some of their Sea Salt Dark Chocolate that I had sampled last time.

Billy & Ash wanted to go play in Gamestop or EB Games so I headed in alone, which was probably a little dangerous for the bank account but oh well! hehe

First off I got a good supply of this:


Then I got a few cans of my UK Baked Beans.


And I was about ready to leave when I spotted something that I couldn't believe! At a blog I read Danica's Daily, Danica talks about these Dark Chocolate Salted Caramels that she has sometimes that are delish and point friendly. And I found them!!! So happy!


World Market has now become one of my most favourite places to shop at now!

I met up with my boys and we got back in the car and headed to our final destination before home. Starbucks. It was still pretty darn warm out so we got something to cool ourselves off with.


Of course mine was a Light Caramel Frappe with skim milk, sugar free syrup and no cream. But it was still wonderful!

We then came home and just chilled together until Ash went to bed and then Billy and I watched a REALLY bad movie, but we had a blast laughing at it and just hanging out.

He has been working such long hours and not getting much time off here lately and it was so nice to have a nice evening with him and Ashley.




3 comments:

  1. aw what a fantastic day Nikki!! i felt like i was right there with you guys!!! wish we had those cool shops here :( xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. OG is my favorite restaurant! And then shopping and Starbux! Sounds like my kind of perfect night! LOL

    On an unrelated note, how did you get those reaction buttons on your blog. I WANT THEM!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noelle, in the Design section of where you edit your blog, click on edit in the Blog Posts box. It's in there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...