Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lucky

03/365 - Bokeh Billy


This week's Weight Watchers meeting was about Support Systems. We talked about our positive and negative support networks. It really got me thinking about how amazingly supportive Billy is of me. And not just with my weight loss journey, with everything. 

He never hesitates to get up after only having 2 hours of sleep to drive me down to Charlotte to Trader Joe's so I can get my healthy food. He eats all the healthy food I make and never complains. He tells me how good I am doing and how great I look. He compliments me all the time. He really builds me up.

And that makes me think about how lucky I am to have him. How lucky I am that I am in a very healthy, happy marriage that will most likely last our lifetime. I see so many people who are in unhappy marriages. People who married for the wrong reasons. People who feel trapped in marriages because of children or finances etc. 

I thank the Lord I am not in a marriage like that. I thank my lucky stars I married my husband for the right reasons. Because I loved him and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

I think we also did something that not many couples do before they get married. We talked, a lot. We would spend hours and hours on the phone every day just talking. We got to know each other really well. And there were times when we disagreed or got upset with the other person, but we worked things out and knew where we stood with pretty much everything we would possibly think of before we got married.

We rarely fight. Sure he does things that drive me mad like leaving empty coke cans all over the place or forgets to scoop the little tray. But he never lies to me, he never treats me badly and is just wonderful. 

I am far from perfect too and he loves me so much that he accepts my flaws too.

Lately we have not seen each other much as he has been working crazy long hours. This past week he got over 60 hours. The money is great, but I miss my husband. Our priority is family before anything. So not having him home as much is hard.

But he has 2 days off starting tomorrow and we are going to make the most of it. I can't wait. I know there will be lots of just laying on the bed and snuggling. We tend to do that a lot.

I will never ever take him for granted and always be thankful to be his wife.

2 comments:

  1. Nikki, thank you much for sharing this today. I'm glad Billy is so supportive of you. I hope you have an amazing time these next couple of days!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...