Friday, July 1, 2011

Bircher Muesli Recipe


If you are a regular reader of my blog, especially my Food Diary you would have noticed I have been eating a lot of this lately. It's not a new thing for me. I have been eating it since our honeymoon when I was first introduced to it at The Margaret's Beach Resort  restaurant. Their breakfast buffet was wonderful and this was something our awesome waitress recommended we try. I was not disappointed. So when we got home from our honeymoon I searched the internet for recipes and found many many variations. I have tried lots of them and have found the simpler the better for me. So here is my recipe.

This is what you need:

3/4 cup of this:


1/2 cup of apple juice, I use these as they are the perfect size:


And 3/4 cup of yoghurt. Again I get the single serve packs as they are the perfect size:


Now the flavour of the yoghurt is up to you. I have tried it with strawberry and it's just as yummy. I just like Vanilla the best. 

Put the oats into a bowl, preferably one that has a lid, I use my Pyrex storage bowls. 


Add the apple juice and stir.


Then add yoghurt, stir real good until it's all combined.


Then pop on the lid or cover in cling wrap and refrigerate over night. Serve the next morning with fruit of your choice and some slivered or sliced almonds. YUM!

This makes 2 serves at 4 points plus per serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...