Friday, July 15, 2011

Restaurant Review: Tsunami Steakhouse & Sushi

IMG_1405

If you have been reading my blog for a while you will know I have been looking for a good Japanese restaurant for a while. What a lot of Japanese eateries here serve is NOT Japanese food.

For starters I have never in my 32 years of living in Australia and eating Real Japanese food have I ever seen fried rice in a Japanese eatery. Ever.

Also most of the Japanese places around this area don't even sell sushi!?? That makes NO sense to me. 

Anyway my friend Andrea had told me about this place down near Concord Mills Mall (big ass mall) called Tsunami. We go past it every week on our way to Trader Joe's but we usually don't have the time to stop for lunch as Billy needs to get home usually to sleep for work. But this week we decided to make our TJ's trip on a different day than usual so we could go for a Japanese dinner.

Now originally we were going to go to a different place that just opened up near the mall Yami Sushi & Grill but they were closed! They close between lunch and dinner and we went about 4pm. I was a little surprised at that, seeming they were in such a busy area. We do want to try them though.

Anyway Tsunami also close for a couple of hours between lunch and dinner but luckily they opened at 4pm so we were all good. 

I had already looked at their website Tsumani and had decided what I wanted, the Dragon Roll - 
crab, avocado, topped w/ baked eel.

IMG_1403

It was so good. I was really pleased. I also got some Miso soup. Billy helped by holding up the spoon so you can see the little cubes of tofu in it.

IMG_1398

Billy & Ashley aren't huge sushi fans so they got some of the not so Japanese type meals. I was a little sad to see they serve fried rice with their dishes. But the sushi was so good so I will forgive them.

Billy got the Teriyaki Salmon. We were surprised at the amount he got, 2 large fillets of salmon.

IMG_1400

Ashley got Teriyaki Steak.

IMG_1402

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how good the sushi was. It's not the best I have had, but it was really good. I can't wait to try more.

I also have to mention our wonderful waitress. She was so friendly and it was her first day. When I told her I had been searching for good sushi since moving here she was so interested in making sure I was happy with my choice and she kept checking back with us. You know she got a good tip!

So all in all, we will be going back there soon. I do want to try the other place though as I have heard they are even better. I am glad they are on our weekly TJ's route.


3 comments:

  1. yum! that place looks delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat sushi either, but I have been wondering about this place. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Japanese steak houses!! I know they isn't "real" Japanese food. But it's so yummy.

    Not sure about that eel....seems...chewy...

    I want to try sushi as I have NEVER had it, and am curious. But I do know enough to know that if you try bad sushi, you'll never try it again. I want GOOD sushi! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...