Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Restaurant Review: Yama Sushi & Grill

IMG_1718

Ok so the other week Billy, Ashley & I tried to go here to eat but their hours are weird and they close between lunch and dinner. Which I think is a little odd seeming they are in a really busy part of town. But anyway we were able to make it there today for lunch. Ashley didn't want to come this time.

First of all I loved how it looked inside. There was a bar, a sushi bar, the usual table area and then a private room which looks like a tea room but you don't technically sit on the floor as there a hole in the ground for your legs. Still looks pretty cool.

IMG_1701

I wasn't really sure what to get as the sushi rolls here are a little different to what I am used to. They Americanise them so not many of them appeal to me. Which is kind of a drag. But I found one that sounded good, the Smoky Mountain: Crab, avocado and cream cheese topped with smoked salmon.

IMG_1714

I was actually a little disappointed with it to be honest. I thought it was rather small for the cost and all I could taste was cream cheese. I have never had sushi with cream cheese in it before, never heard of it in Australia. 

For sides I ordered the side salad with ginger dressing and miso soup. 

IMG_1702

IMG_1705

Again, I wasn't impressed with either of them. The Miso soup tasted like packaged soup and the salad was the bagged stuff you get at Aldi's. The ginger dressing was nice but nothing special.

Billy got the Teriyaki Salmon, hoping it would be like what he got at Tsunami's sadly he was disappointed too.

IMG_1712

He said it was nice, but the salmon was small for the price. 

Overall, I don't think we will be going back there any time soon. I think Tsunami's was way better. 

Website: http://www.yamasushiandgrill.com/HOME.php

2 comments:

  1. oh my god cream cheese in sushi? eeewww! hehe. they surely could invest in some japanese mayo couldn't they?!!? i should send you some from here in a love package and you can add it yourself to sushi :P

    ooh, on that note, email me with your address again chica, i have a love package i want to make you hehehe

    deerdonna at hotmail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! I thought it might be just a little bit on there but there was a big blob of it and it was not good.

    Awwwwww I love you! Ok I will email you right now! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...