Thursday, July 7, 2011

Top Ten: TV Shows

Ok here is my first list. This is not in any order. Although the ones at the top of the list are probably my most beloved.


Lost.

Never before have I ever fell so far in love with fictional characters. Hung on the edge of my seat when their lives were in danger, cried for hours when one of them died. JJ Abrams, Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindeloff are forever my heroes for giving me this wonderful show.

I never wanted it to end, but I also wanted them to get off the island. Sawyer and Hurley will always be my favourites.

If you have never watched the show, do it. Don't let anyone ruin it for you. It will change your life.





Battlestar Galactica: The Re-imagining


I remember distinctly the day Billy came home with the DVD of the mini-series introduction of this back in Australia in 2008 and telling me a friend of his at work said we HAD to watch it.

I remember thinking "Oh this is going to be lame."

I also remember eating those words about 3 hours later. WOW! That's about all I could say. Oh and when can we watch the first season please? We ended up going out and buying the first 2 seasons on DVD that day I think.

The whole premise of the show is wonderful. Beautiful. Terrifying. I loved every single character. Even the evil ones.

This is not just a show about Spaceships and Cylons and War. It's about humanity and hope and love and honour. It is one of the most wonderful things ever made. I cannot express is words how much I love it.


Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Seriously. I am dead series. Funny thing is I had never watched even 5 minutes of this show until recently. Like within the last year. I thought it was a silly teeny bopper show like the stupid movie. I had seen the movie.

BIG MISTAKE! This show is AWESOME! I will admit the first season is a little... hmmm undeveloped? It's not bad, just not fully grown like the rest of the series is. This show is like a beautiful flower slowly opening until it fully blooms. Then it stays open and beautiful until the end.

It will make you laugh, cry, yell and cheer. You will hate a character then love them. I am so happy I finally watched it, because my life is so much better knowing the Scooby Gang.


Friends.

One of the funniest shows ever! I don't normally like US sitcoms, the humour is just too obvious for me. But this show had heart and Chandler Bing was the funniest! Oh and Joey, and Phoebe! Just all of them! 

You Tube is a buttface and wouldn't allow me to embed any of the Friends videos I found. LAME!

Doctor Who (2005 - )

I was always terrified of Doctor Who when I was little. I think that is why I never watched it much growing up. But when they started making it again in 2005 I had something nagging at me to watch it. But I didn't end up doing it until 2008 when we moved here. Billy had caught a few episodes of it in Australia when I had gone to bed and he thought it was pretty good. 

So we began at Season 1 with Christopher Eccleston. We loved it right away and thought he was a great Doctor.



But of course he only stayed for 1 season. Then we got David Tennant. Oh David.



I absolutely adore him. He was a fantastic Doctor. Absolutely wonderful. Probably my favourite.

Although Matt Smith is seriously giving him a run for his money. Matt is more fun as the doctor.


True Blood

This show is just awesome.


Dexter

Meet Dexter Morgan. A Blood spatter analyst who is a serial killer by night. But the catch is, he only kills bad people. Such a fantastic show.


Red Dwarf

Oh how I love this show so much! It has stood the test of time and is still one of my favourites. I will love it forever (but only up to Season 6, the ones after that are crap)

Here is the first 10 minutes of the first episode.


Black Books

Ahh the Brits really are the best at comedy.

You must watch this: Black Books

Blackadder

Another hilarious British comedy.



If you haven't seen any of these I highly recommend them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...