Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bad week

So you may have noticed I haven't been posting my Food diaries here lately. Well it's because I haven't been tracking anything. I have been kind of naughty.

A few reasons why:

First and foremost my willpower has been lacking. I won't make excuses, I know it's my fault. But there have been a few factors that attributed to my slip.

It's that time of the month. Every now and then I have a really bad one with really painful cramps, back aches, insomnia and general feeling like crap. This is one of those months.

Billy being home for almost 4 nights. When he is home I get lazy. All I want to do is hang out with him. I don't want to spend hours in the kitchen making my healthy breakfst, lunch and dinner and snacks. I want to eat easy, convenient foods which are usually BAD!

I got extremely stressed out Monday afternoon and evening, spending the whole time setting up Ashleys room and his computer and having PMS and being tired on top of that lead to me deciding to skip my WW meeting the next morning. That I think also contributed to my bad eating.

So today I am back on plan. Hopefully I can salvage what ever damage I have done by next Tuesday and I won't show a gain.

I know these things happen in life. I accept what I did and can move on. These sorts of slip ups used to make me throw in the towel and just give up. Not this time. I will never give up on my weight loss ever again.

I have a great support system now and I am so grateful. So my food diaries will be back as of today and here is to a good week!

3 comments:

  1. good girl, keep at it :) you wouldnt be human if you didn't have slip ups xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I have mentioned it to you (I tell a LOT of people!, ) or if it would help you, personally, but going gluten-free really helped w/my time of the month. I have ZERO PMS, little to no cramping, and they are shorter and lighter now. If I have even a *smidge* of gluten contaminated food the month before though, I will have a rough go of it the next time. Every woman I know who has gone gluten-free has said the very same thing to me when I mention it (whether they have Celiac's or just gave it up for dieting, etc.,) so there must be SOMETHING to it! I know this is the last thing you probably want to hear, since it adds one more thing to think about when preparing food, but I know how rotten mine used to be, and I'm grateful I found help since I had tried pretty much everything and thought I was just doomed to have a bad 7-10 days a month. Now I have 5 days that aren't terrible at all! :)

    I think you're doing great, by the way. Don't beat yourself up. Keep the good attitude and you'll definitely reach your goal. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no way I am going gluten free! haha

    And second of all, mine is because I have fibroids and it also runs in our family. All the girls in my family have had issues with their plumbing.

    Thanks for the suggestion though. But in all honesty, unless it was making me really ill, I ain't given up gluten!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...