Saturday, August 6, 2011

Product Review: TJ's Frozen Steelcut Oats

IMG_1935

Recently I found out about steelcut oats and bought some to try. I really liked them and even used them in my Bircher Muesli. However I found they took a long time to cook if I wanted them the usual way.

So I was really excited to find this at Trader Joe's this week. And the pack was only $1.49 which I thought was pretty good.

I had it for breakfast this morning and I really liked it. Although it says it has brown sugar and maple syrup it isn't very sweet. But I had it with chopped up banana which gave it enough sweetness for my liking.

Here is the nutritional info. Works out to be 4 points a serving, which is pretty good. 

IMG_1938

And the ingredients. All natural.

IMG_1945

I think I will buy these again. Mainly for the convenience and the price. It's something quick to have on hand for breakfast that tastes pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...