Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Turkey Meatballs

I had heard a lot about Trader Joe's Turkey Meatballs. So I decided to get them to try them out.

Photobucket

For $2.99 you get 1lb (454g) of meatballs. There are roughly 13 balls in the pack. I have made them a few times and our favourite way is the following.

I heat 1tbs oil in a pot, add frozen meatballs and fry for about 5 minutes. Then I add a chopped onion and cook for a few more minutes. Then I removed the meatballs then add diced yellow squash and chopped mushrooms. I also add minced garlic and Trader Joe's 21 seasoning salute.

Fry until squash is cooked. Then I add the meatballs back and 2 cans stewed tomatoes, 1 small can tomato sauce and 1 small can of tomato paste. If it's too thick I add a little chicken stock.

Photobucket

Then I lower the heat and allow it to simmer all day. The longer the better. 

Photobucket

Then I serve it with whole wheat pasta and its delish!!

Photobucket


Ingredients:

1 pack turkey meatballs
2 cans stewed tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
I can tomato paste
fresh or minced garlic
cooking oil
veggies: mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash etc
a large onion


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...