Thursday, October 11, 2012

So proud of me!

285/365 - Guerrilla Graphics
My 365 shot for today
So today I decided I was going to start exercising. Those who know me, know I hate to exercise. I am VERY unfit. I get out of breath easily and my body aches. But I know I have to do it. It was my inspiration for my 365 project photo for today, above. So I wanted to start off slow with just some walking. Billy & I went to the local park that has walking paths and it's really pretty.

IMG_2992.jpg

IMG_2995.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

The great thing about this park is it's never crowded and it's really close to home so I can get there almost every day. And it's just so pretty!

So today I managed to walk just over 1.5 miles in 25 minutes. A lot of the trail is hilly so it got a little hard in places. Which is good! My legs got a good workout.

Photobucket

I used the Map My Walk app on my phone. It works pretty well!

I was really proud of myself and Billy kept telling me how proud of me he was also. He knows how much I hate exercise. Here we are taking a break between the walks:

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

And one Billy took of me with his phone:

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Once we finished our official walk we went back to the car and I got my good camera and took some photos around the park, the ones up there of the trees were taken then. On our way back to leave I got a HUGE reward for my walk. This little lady:

IMG_3042.jpg

IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

Isn't she beautiful!!!! I love squirrels! We don't have them in Australia so they fascinate me! I love seeing them! I saw this as a reward for my exercise today!

On the way home I took this from the car while we were moving, I thought it was pretty cool!

IMG_3057.jpg

So anyway, it's been a great day. My eating has been spot on also. Here is my food diary so far:

Breakfast:

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

390 calories
40g Steel cut oats
10g sliced honey roasted almonds
15g honey
1/2 cup soy milk
3 Tbs Sugar free hazelnut creamer

Lunch:

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

329 calories
2 eggs
2 slices Trader Joe's 7 grain bread
14g light butter
1 tbs ketchup

Dinner:

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

473 calories
118g wild caught salmon
140g cooked whole wheat spaghetti
vegetable pasta sauce (homemade)

Snack:

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

178 calories
1 apple
1/2 cup 0% fat greek yogurt
15g honey

Exercise:

25 minutes walking, brisk pace - 150 calories

1370 of 1500 calories used.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

6 comments:

  1. I am so very proud of you :) Even the skinniest of skinny people can be unfit, this way you are at least losing the weight and helping yourself internally as well :) keep it up!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Nikki! I love your photos! Beautiul park and that seems like it would make it easy to want to walk there especially with it close to home. :) Great blog! :)Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the walk today! I'm not exactly a "runner" yet so I enjoy a good powerwalk! Loved the pictures in the park!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics, looks like a beautiful park I would love to walk around & the squirrel so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are always so awesome. And I am glad oyu are moving around-- you will see the weight drop off faster than ever. :)

    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats great that you started! First step. Also ditto on the great pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...