Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday treats

So I thought the theme for Tuesday could be sharing a recipe or a favourite or new food product. Today I thought I would share one of my favourite seasonal treats I pick up at Trader Joe's.

Photobucket

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!

I love adding it to my oatmeal in the morning with some almonds or pumpkin seeds. I bet there are a bunch of other things I could do with it, I know people have it on toast and the jar says you can use it for pumpkin soup even. What I love about it, like most other things at TJ's is the ingredients are all natural.

Photobucket

Plus it's diet friendly. Sad thing is it's usually only around in the Fall - Winter months :(

So not fair.

For those of you who might not have a TJ's near you I found this skinny recipe for some pumpkin butter:

Skinny Taste Pumpkin Butter

What seasonal products do you love that you wish were available all year round?


3 comments:

  1. I think its funny how in the US they only have some things around for a certain season and that's it. make sure you do a photo with it on your oatmeal so I can see what it is like! you should buy a few jars and keep them so you know you have some there for when the season ends ;) At the moment I would like to buy tomatoes without having to pay nearly $9 a kg. I got 3 tomatoes the other day and they were $4 something!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I have had some on my oatmeal in a food diary somewhere. I will have to go searching!

    And trust me, I am stocking up this year!!

    I can't believe tomatoes are that expensive there! We pay 99c a pound, so like $2 a kilo here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I have had some on my oatmeal in a food diary somewhere. I will have to go searching!

    And trust me, I am stocking up this year!!

    I can't believe tomatoes are that expensive there! We pay 99c a pound, so like $2 a kilo here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...