Saturday, October 20, 2012

Was I in a coma?

You know when someone has been in a coma or in bed for a really long time and their muscles atrophy? This is what I think has happened to mine from years of disuse! Seriously! They hurt so much just from walking! Now my street does have a steady incline of like 60 feet but still, you would think that I could handle it a little better than I am! I feel like my calf muscles are burning! And I have been stretching them now too.

It's embarrassing to think how out of shape my body really is. But I think if I keep it up it's really going to tone up my legs cause they definitely feel it!

Anyway last night before I went to bed I put some chicken breast tenderloins into the slow cooker with a jar of salsa and put it on low. When I woke up this morning the house smelled AMAZING! I broke the chicken up a little and it looked like this:

600CA076-DC2D-4F05-8E8A-96C90DDBEEE2-15720-00001123A4031812, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I decided I was going to try to get in 2 walks today so at about 12:30pm while I had the spaghetti squash in the over for lunch I went for a walk. It was a GORGEOUS day. 

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

It wasn't as long as I hoped for but by the time I got ready and stretched etc the squash only had 15 minutes left in the oven.

But while dinner was cooking I went for another walk. 

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Not the full 30 minutes I wanted but close enough. Billy keeps saying how proud he is of me and that he can already tell a difference. I think he is just saying that to be nice, but I'll take it!

We enjoyed a really pretty sunset before he had to head off to work.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. what a good hubby billy!! great to see you walking :) I find the running isnt helping me lose weight at all, but its definitely changing my body shape and I feel better for it. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I had salsa chicken all last week over salad. Enjoy! And great job on the walk!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...