Thursday, November 22, 2012

Parades, turkey & a long walk

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Gobble gobble gobble!!

It's been a great couple of days! Yesterday we went to the Salisbury Christmas Parade. I got all dressed up:

IMG_3231

Excuse the photo, Billy took it and he thought it was ok but it was way over exposed so this is the best I could do with it. I need to teach that boy!

We managed to get a pretty good spot, although it was cold and my back was KILLING me after while of standing in one place on concrete for over an hour. But it really was worth it for Ashley. Sadly all the photos I took of Ashley were blurry :( but I got a bunch of the parade.

IMG_3257.jpg
Poor baby was freezing!

IMG_3265.jpg
Cool plane that kept flying over


IMG_3272.jpg
Thought this was funny

IMG_3329.jpg
Sweet Frog frogs (frozen yogurt)
IMG_3347.jpg
Miniature marching band!

IMG_3356.jpg
Too freaken cute!
IMG_3463.jpg
He was balanced on their rifles!
IMG_3472.jpg
A school mascot
IMG_3480.jpg
They were s'mores!
IMG_3487.jpg
Cool clown!
IMG_3493.jpg
These guys were awesome!
IMG_3536.jpg
Ashley's school!!!!

IMG_3545.jpg
Carson's Marching band!
IMG_3574.jpg
Dancing girls!

IMG_3584.jpg
Who is this??!
IMG_3595.jpg
SANTA!!!

It was a great parade and I took over 300 photos but I won't bore you with them all, these are just the ones I thought were worth sharing.

We then came home and snuggled up with some soup and watched Sherlock. Our new favourite show! LOVE IT!! (The UK one, not Robert Downey Jr). I made pumpkin muffins for our Thanksgiving lunch with the family.

Then Ashley & I got up early this morning and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. Then we all got dressed to head out to the in-laws for FOOD!

IMG_0068.jpg
My family

IMG_0073.jpg
All dressed up

IMG_0087.jpg
Get in my belly!

IMG_0091.jpg
Our nephew Brantley

IMG_0096.jpg
Billy is so good with the kids

IMG_0100.jpg
My young man who won't smile!! Grr!


IMG_0107.jpg
Our niece Taylor


IMG_0121.jpg
Our niece Kaylan


IMG_0122.jpg
Brantley again

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
My 1 and only plate

After all the food and family time we had to head home so Billy could get some sleep before heading into work. And I had a 5k to walk!!

So he got into bed and I got into my workout clothes. I decided the best approach was to walking 1 direction away from home, that way I couldn't wuss out halfway through and go inside. So I headed out to the main road and just walked.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Walking!

It was kind of scary because the cars go pretty past and you have to go off the road where it drops off and it's all uneven and you can twist your ankle! But I soldiered on!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
More walking!


Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


I was SO proud of myself! I actually had tears welling up toward the end of it, because this is pretty big for me!

And you know what. It wasn't that hard!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I did!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Nikki. Glad Billy was able to spend quality time with you and his family. Keep up the good work with walking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Thanksgiving. You have a lovely family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to a Christmas parade in ages! We used to go all the time when my oldest was little and in Girl Scouts and IN the parades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you had a Great a Thanksgiving!! I LOVE the first picture!! you look so dang cute!! and you have a lovely family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outfit!! where did you get those boots? Your thanksgiving food looked SO YUM, we went on vacation so i missed that!! Yay for your big walk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your distance! I had a PR on distance on Thanksgiving too... its really awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing work, Niki! Not only on your walk, but only having one plate of food!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...