Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thankful Thursday #2





I know it's Saturday but I forgot to do this on Thursday and I really wanted to do it so I am doing it today.

Ashley being held by my mum

Today I will be talking about Ashley. My handsome, wonderful 18 year old son.

IMG_8932.jpg

Many people think that having an intellectually disabled child is a burden and something negative, but in all honesty I wouldn't have it any other way. Of course I would love for Ashley to have all the abilities and opportunities that "normal" people have, but I am also grateful of his innocence and that there are so many things he won't have to experience the pain of.

My beautiful boy

He doesn't understand deceit or manipulation or death. He is honest and sweet and caring. And hilarious! He is the most purest soul I have ever known. I often say that if there were Angels on Earth, he is one.

20. A family member

I was very young when I had him but I have never regretted it for one day. He is my sunshine and my life.

IMG_9165.jpg

He is always willing to help out with anything and never complains. He has never thrown a tantrum or pouted when told no. He was the easiest baby I have ever known. He never cried.

2

I am so very thankful he chose me to be his mummy.

For more photos of Ashley go here: Ashley



6 comments:

  1. he sure is an amazing soul :) the three of you are lucky to have one another :) I always love hearing about Ashley :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet words about your son! He is very handsome! I also have a son who is 2 1/2 years old. They are a true blessing in our lives. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! and your son (by the way I love his name!!!) is just precious and handsome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures of a wonderful son and his mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe Niki that was so touching and precious!!! What a blessing to have him in your life!! Thank you so much for sharing about your amazing son!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a handsome guy he has grown into! You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...