Sunday, November 18, 2012

Veggies

53/365 - Vessel

They are everywhere and our parents were always trying to make us eat them. We know they are good for us, but many people still don't like them.

Thankfully I am one of those freaky people who love vegetables. I was raised by a vegetarian so I just got used to them I guess! Lol

Anyway I got the idea to do this post from some people who wanted some ideas on how to prepare vegetables so they eat them more.

One of my most used items to cook veggies is my rice cooker/steamer:

I paid about $20 for it at Walmart about 4 years ago and it's still going strong. See it here

I can cook rice in it and steam broccoli, brussel sprouts or other stuff in the steamer insert. It's awesome! And so easy!! You can steam all kinds of other things in it too. Plus you don't have to have rice in the bottom just water if you only want the steamer side of it.

The other way I love to cook veggies is in the oven. A couple of my favourite recipes are:

Brussel sprouts:  Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Butternut squash: Roasted Butternut Squash with Rosemary and Balsamic Vinegar

Also roasting potatoes, sweet potatoes and a bunch of other veggies with a little olive oil and herbs are delicious.

Another thing I like to go is chop up zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms and fry them in the pan with a little oil and adding a can of stewed tomatoes or some Worcestershire sauce or lemon pepper seasoning. Or garlic and herbs. The options really are endless.

The one piece of advice I have for people who are having trouble eating their vegetables is to try 1 new vegetable a week and try different ways of cooking them. The internet is an endless source of recipes.

Go on and try a new vegetable this week and let me know about it!!

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit I love my veggies. Roasted, raw, steamed, boiled even in fresh juice :)
    My daughter always hated veggies and I would try everything. Finally she found she liked roasted broccoli with a bit of olive oil and sea salt. Now she's a chef at a vegan/vegetarian place!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for share, nice post

    regards
    ice cream

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing this post!! I will have to try some of these :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...