Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ham egg cups

So I have been seeing things like this all over the net and I have been meaning to try them out. Well last week I made a batch and really liked them so I tweaked it a little this week and made another batch.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I use Quick eggs from Trader Joe's which is just egg whites that are coloured yellow. But you can use whole eggs or plain egg whites, it's up to you. I don't eat too many yolks because of my cholesterol.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup Quick eggs (or 6 eggs)
6 thin slices ham or any other lunch meat
finely chopped onion & red bell pepper (only a small amount)
spray oil
salt & pepper to taste.

Preheat oven to 350. Spray your muffin tray, I use the 6 muffin one so I don't make too many. Then line with the ham.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Sauté the onions and bell peppers in a non stick pan with a small amount of spray oil.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Pour eggs into cups making sure its inside the ham. If some leaks out, it's fine as the spray oil won't allow it to stick. Leave room to add veggies. Then top up if needed. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Other things you can add: chopped up mushrooms, cheese, chives, tomato. The choices are endless!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until egg is cooked through. You can eat them hot or cold! Mine worked out to be 40 calories each.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Umm they look really good!! I need to get back to doing the egg whites instead of whole eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am defiantly trying these!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks awesome! I will be trying this! thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...