Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Slow Cooker chicken salsa

As promised here is my very simple and easy and YUMMY chicken salsa recipe:

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Now my amounts for the chicken changes each time but it's usually around 600g.

600g (roughly) chicken breast or tenderloins
jar of salsa (I use the big ones from Aldi)
250g frozen corn kernals
250g cooked black beans (you can used canned but I make my own to lower the sodium)
1 packet taco seasoning.

Put all ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on low all day, at least 8 hours.

About 1-2 hours before dinner time, shred the chicken up with 2 forks.

You can have it inside tacos, hard or soft, with the usual toppings.

Or as a salad with lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, sour cream and guacamole.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Or roll it up into enchiladas. I used the Aldi low card flatbread cut in half, topped with salsa and cheese:

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

The best way to work out the calories is to enter all the ingredients into My Fitness Pal as a recipe. Then once it's finished cooking workout how many servings you want out of it, then weigh the whole amount, then divide that by how many servings and you will have the serving size. Weigh your serving out and you are set!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That salad looks so good! Yum :)

    www.leangreenmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This looks so amazing! I will have to make this very very soon.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take the time to leave a comment. I'm sorry but due to massive amounts of spam I have turned off anonymous comments. But if you have a Google account you can use that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...