26. Who has done something today to show they care about you?
Hubby cuddled up with me on the couch after dinner before leaving for work and Ashley helped me clean up after dinner without being asked. Love my men :)
27. Do you have a lot to learn?
Doesn't everyone? There is much to learn in the world and we are never done.
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
Speak 3 other languages, play piano perfectly and sew anything.
29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
How they made me feel.
30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
Communication, honesty and trust.
31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
See the Grand Canyon, Eat Sushi in Japan and see whales in the ocean.
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
I would probably risk my life to save someone I loved.
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
Any kind of medical research for diseases and cancer.
34. What does each decade make you think of:
20's - Makes me think of gangsters and flappers
30's - makes me think of the depression
40's - the war and cool clothes
50's - Rock n roll and cool cars
60's - hippies and great music
70's - Abba and disco
80's - BEST MUSIC & John Hughes
90's - grunge!
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
80's. I just love everything about the 80's!
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
I have way too many to list!
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country?
USA - Barack Obama
If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be?
38. What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
None. I don't watch live TV
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
The Wicked Witch. She just wanted her sisters shoes!! Love me some shoes!
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat?
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
43. What does your name mean?
Nicole - People of Victory
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space?
Space of course!! But only if we have faster than light travel otherwise it would be BORING lol
45. Word association
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be?
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive?
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday?
Bridesmaids - So funny!
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
Kindle, food, water, laptop, bucket for bathroom breaks.
50. Have you ever saved someone's life or had your life saved?
I've helped stop car accidents by yelling out. I also was almost abducted as a young girl and was so close to being gone. Who knows that might have happened to me.
I know it's been a while since I posted on here so I am going to do a big long catch up post. I apologise if it's really long :)
So the last time I posted my weight was back in late January and it was 150.6lb. Since then I have really been kicking up the exercise now that I can get to the gym everyday. And my weight has fluctuated between 150 - 154lb. My eating has been pretty much spot on, with only a few bad days. I upped my calories a couple of weeks ago after not seeing any change with my weight and also have decided to change my weigh in day to Monday mornings, as I take the weekend off from the gym so that is the ideal time for minimal water weight from sore muscles etc. So this morning was my first weigh in on the new weigh in schedule and I was at:
Now only a few days ago in the fitness group I am part of I posted that I really wanted to be under 150 by my birthday which is in 11 days. At the time I was hovering around 152lb and wasn't sure if I would be able to do it. Well holy heck! I am so close now! My weight last Monday (yes I weigh myself everyday and record it) was 150.5, then it gradually went up all week. Then after 2 days rest from working out it's down again. So I am convinced it's the Body Pump that is causing my temporary weight gains. Wish my birthday wasn't a Friday! Lol
My eating has been spot on too. The last day I didn't track or went over my calories was the 1st March.
This is something I have been so proud of! Since getting my license I was able to start going to the YMCA. I was very blessed to be approved for a reduced membership as part of their open door program. I love them! So I have been going at least 3 days a week, trying for 5.
I do Body Pump on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. It's a weight class with an aerobic aspect to it also. I wear my HRM and I burn between 300-350 calories each class! It's hard! On the other days I have been doing Body Flow, which is a mix of Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi. That is hard too but feels wonderful and so good for my posture. I also jump on the treadmill here and there, which I need to do more often. Plus I want to use more of the machines in the gym.
I can feel and see the changes happening in my body already. Billy is freaking out, in a good way, about how my body is changing too. It's awesome. Plus it has done wonders for my moods. I am happy all the time now. It's so crazy!
Things have been great, as usual with Billy & Ash. Billy has had the past few days off and it's been great. We got to hang out with friends yesterday and saw Oz the Great & Powerful. I got to wear my latest thrift store find top and new bargain shoes and my newish black skinnies.
The movie was really good and afterwards we all went and sat at Starbucks and just talked for hours! It was great!!
Then we got hungry and went and got some sushi with a Groupon we got for a place we hadn't tried yet.
We all got 1 each
My sushi, eel and salmon with tempura shrimp.
Billy's dinner, salmon.
We had to go to Walmart and grab a couple of things so we decided to stop at Sweet Frog afterwards. I even weighed mine and worked out the calories. I got the fat free Irish Mint with choc chips and a peppermint patty.
It was a great day! And I was within my calories too! Win win!
A few months ago I was shopping at Aldi and came across these. I was intrigued as I love Asian noodles so I thought I would give them a go. They come in a few different flavours: Teriyaki, Roasted peanut and Soy ginger. They were no more than $2 a box.
The calories aren't too bad especially when I make up 4 servings instead of the suggested 3 on the box.
And no weird, unnatural ingredients!!
What I do is steam a whole bunch of veggies like broccoli, carrots etc. Then I cooked some chicken breast tenderloins then put it aside, then saute some onion in the same pan. I boil the noodles then add them and the steamed veggies to the chicken and onions, mix in the sauce and viola! Yummy healthy dinner!!
So I haven't been blogging much at all here lately and I feel bad about that but I don't really know what to blog about other than food dairies and those can get a tad tedious. So I came across this meme on the Sunday Stealing blog. Basically they find quizs on other blogs and post them. Well they found a HUGE one and I thought it might be cool to do it on here as a way for my readers to get to know me. Here is part 1:
1. Who are you? Um Nikki? Lol I'm a mother and wife.
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about
I'm a dork. I cry at everything. And I am very honest.
3. When you aren't doing memes like this one what are you doing?
Playing online, going to the gym, hanging with my family. Taking photos.
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones
you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did
like and didn't like at the time).
Out of debt as much as possible and hopefully in a nicer home.
7. What stage of life are you in right now?
Happily married with an adult son.
8. Are you more child-like or childish?
Probably both at certain times.
9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
Stupid game! (About Candy Crush)
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right
Try - P!nk
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
The closest was a Body Combat class at the gym like 11 years ago.
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the
It's been steadily getting better. I might not have all the material things I would like to have but I have a wonderful little family that brings me a lot of joy.
13. Does time really heal all wounds?
It certain circumstances.
14. How do you handle a rainy day?
Stay in and snuggle up. Unless I have to go out, then I just go.
15. Which is worse...losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled
Losing your luggage most definitely! I like untangling lights! It's fun!
16. How is (or was) your relationship with your parents?
I don't speak to my father. I love my mum!
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
YES! I am very aware! I see and hear things most people miss.
18. What is the truest thing that you know?
How much I love my husband.
19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A couple of things. A chef was the most series one. I also wanted to be in the medical field, more research than anything.
20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
More of a giver.
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?
Most of the time, it does depend on what it is though.
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to
Kidney stones, then childbirth.
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to
There are some I won't speak about but the one I will is when I had to get back on the plane when I was visiting my now hubby for the first time. Leaving him was one of the hardest things I have ever done.
25. Who have you hugged today?
My hubby and son.
Hope you enjoyed these! Here is to 4975 more questions! lol